Academic Affairs Directorate
A short Account of the Directorate
Education in Debre Tabor University
Since its establishment in 2010, Debre Tabor University is pacing forward in terms of department expansion and student intake capacity. Currently the university has five faculties and one Health Science College with 27 departments and 3 Health science upgrading programs. With regard to student accommodation, currently the university has 8946 regular and 4181continuing education students (both in summer and extension programs).
Pertinent to the academic staffs, there are 619 teachers out of whom 131 are off task for further education and 488 on duty.
The University has a plan to reach 45 undergraduate and 12 post graduate programs by the end of the second Growth and Transformation Plan. In line with this, it has also planned to enroll 25,000 students both in regular and continuing education programs within the above mentioned period.
In the university, the goal of designing all curricula for under graduate programs is to be student -centered and problem solving. To insure this, full innovative hybrid curriculum is designed and practiced in the health science departments of medicine and midwifery. There is also a tendency to make other faculty curricula integrated and innovative.
This directorate is principally established to facilitate the core mission of the university in the
Debre Tabor University is dedicated to the supply of highly qualified and innovative human resource by providing societal needs-tailored quality education.
Debre Tabor University tries hard to become one of the top universities in the country in quality education in 2020 (2012 E.C).
- Customer first
- Success Scale up
- Devoted to ethics
We Have a Historical Duty to Answer Atse Tewodros’s Quest for Knowledge!
Main activities Being Performed by the Directorate
- Enhancing academic program expansion
- Supervising teaching-learning progress
- Following up continuous assessment implementation
- Facilitating teachers’ long term training
- Facilitating staff recruitment and staff supplying in collaboration with the HRDM Office of the University
- Facilitate teaching-learning resource distribution for faculties in collaboration with property procurement and administration directorate of the university
- Facilitating field and laboratory programs in collaboration with the vehicle administration department of the university
Profile of the Academic Programs
- Undergraduate Regular Programs by faculty
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Water & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information technology
Natural and Computational Faculty
Health Science College
- Medical laboratory science
Special programs under the health science college
- Midwifery upgrading
- Neonatal nursing upgrading
- Pediatrics nursing upgrading
Agriculture and Environmental Sciences Faculty
- Animal science
- Plant science
- Natural resource management
Business and Economics Faculty
- Accounting and Finance
- Tourism and Hotel Management
Social Science and Humanities
- Geography and Environmental Studies
- Early Child care and Education
- Civics and Ethical Studies
- English Language and Literature
Development Economic in Extension Program (2008 E.C launched)